Join Our Team
Full Time Versatile Senior Developer
- Database Skills
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skill preferably in Java.
- Strong business tools skill including spreadsheets, google apis, etc.
- History of completing integrations with ecommerce systems.
- Familiarity with Accounting and Accounting Systems
- Exposure to system admin tasks including cloud support.
- Solid 6+ years experience with increasing responsibility.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for a FULL TIME, versatile Senior Developer join our rapidly growing team! We need someone who is comfortable at all levels of the stack and with both ad hoc tasks and rigorously tested development. You’re right for this role if you love using all your tools to solve business problems, live for new technologies and ways of doing things, and like to take charge and accept responsibility for getting things done. You’ll participate in the full lifecycle of our whole application environment all the way thru to the public launch and beyond.
- Taking lead internal role in developing a new and unique Ecommerce Accounting SaaS application, from the initial development to releasing it publicly
- Managing an AWS environment and continually optimizing the hosted environment and taking advantage of any new AWS functionality, including machine learning
- Supporting our internal accounting & tech teams to optimize our ecommerce accounting services. Optimizing any and all aspects of the business leveraging development, integrations, and databases
The ideal candidate must be dynamic, resourceful, tech-savvy, and ambitious as well as have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to self-direct. Candidate must be deadline driven and adaptable to the needs of our entrepreneurial customers.
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving business environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting and that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our support and operations teams, or a feature used by thousands of small businesses, your attention to detail leads to a delightful user experience.
- Entrepreneurial. You work hard. You like winning. You are able to do a lot with a little.
- Analytical. You love testing things to see what works. Measuring results and iteration are part of your DNA. You do not accept the status quo. You always find a way to improve a process.
- Self-starter. You take ownership of your work. If you see something broken, you come up with solutions to fix it. You take the initiative in every part of your life.
- Low ego. You are amazing but you don’t need to tell anyone about it. You will do anything to help.
Catching Clouds Provides:
- Great location. You work where you are; we are a virtual business. We are only hiring people in Colorado as we meet at least monthly to socialize and talk as a team.
- Work/Life Balance. We know the importance of work/life balance and encourage our employees to spend the time needed focusing on family and personal well-being. We have a ROWE (Results Only Work Environment) and have always provided unlimited vacation.
- Growth. Unlimited growth opportunity. Our company is small and growing quickly. We need outstanding people to take ownership of projects.
- A competitive salary + benefits (Medical, 401K, etc.)
About The Company
Catching Clouds (www.catchingclouds.net) is a Colorado-based ecommerce accounting services business. We are a modern, dynamic, virtual and fun business that is looking for great people who match our culture and are looking to change the way accounting is provided to online businesses. We are looking for someone who wants to learn, have a balanced life, and do work they enjoy doing.
We provide outsourced accounting services to ecommerce businesses, leveraging cloud accounting technologies (Xero). We deliver a high touch, high value service to our customers. Our clients are anywhere around the globe and include a number of international businesses working in the US. We get to know our clients and actively work to help them meet their goals.
THE COMPANY IS GROWING FAST AND WE ARE GOING THROUGH A MAJOR REVAMPING OF OUR CLIENT PLATFORM. We are looking for dynamic, experienced, creative people to help us both manage our growing day-to-day business and optimize our use of technology.
- Location: Colorado Only **Relocation Required** – Everyone works from home, we get together regularly to socialize and for team events. The developer will meet with the owners and other team members in person regularly. Lots of video chat.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products, or commercial interests.
Copyright 2011 - 2017 CATCHING CLOUDS LLC
Copyright 2011 - 2017 CATCHING CLOUDS LLC
Join Our Newsletter
Join our email newsletter, and we'll let you know as soon as we launch.