Sometimes we use affiliate links. What does that mean? It means that if we’ve used a product or service and liked it, and that product or service has an affiliate program, we sign up for it. Then, when we mention that product or service in one of our blog posts or elsewhere on our site, we link to it using our affiliate link. Should you end up buying something as a result of one of those links, we might get a little pocket change as a result.
Not all links have a financial incentive, and frankly, even the ones that do are not much of an incentive as they typically barely cover the cost to take our kiddos out for ice cream. Our point is that this is not a big money maker for us, and for those who know us, they know we would rather poke ourselves in the eye with a sharp stick than risk tarnishing our good reputation by referring a crappy product or service regardless of any financial incentives. That would be lame.
Unfortunately, the FTC isn’t quite sure that you are savvy enough to understand affiliate links, so we are happy to bring them to your attention so everything is out in the open and clear. We are perfectly comfortable accepting a little money for referring a product or service that we enjoy, but if you are opposed to our daughter getting a free chocolate ice cream cone for this effort, by all means, feel free not to click on the affiliate links.
Within this Policy you will find:
• Information We Collect
• Personal Information
• Non-Personal Information
• Third-Party Advertisers
• How We Use Your Personal Information
• Disclosure of Your Personal Information
• Choice to Opt-Out and Access to Your Information
• Links to Third Party Sites
• Governing Law and Jurisdiction
• Contact Information
• Special Notice to California Residents
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) online from children under the age of 13. If a child provides us with this type of information online, please contact us to have the account deactivated by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
We collect and store Personal Information that you provide voluntarily when using this Website. Personal Information is information that can identify you as a specific individual (“Personal Information”). You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information. For example, you might provide us the following information: responses and survey information and/or site registrations, web portal registration information and payment information. Personal data does not include anonymized aggregate or statistical information from which such identification cannot be reconstituted.
If you create an online account, or request one of our other services, we may collect the following Personal Information: full name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, passport number, and your answers to other similar background information questions, payment information and how you specifically use this Website.
When you visit any page on this Website, we use a program that monitors and evaluates this Website’s traffic. It automatically records every visitor’s host, domain name, pages visited, the length of user session, browser type, and/or IP address. This information does not contain Personal Information. We use this information to find out how many people visit this Website to determine the areas of greatest interest on this Website, and to make improvements to this Website.
When you visit and interact with this Website, Catching Clouds and third parties with whom Catching Clouds has contracted to provide services to Catching Clouds, may collect non-personal information (for example, a catalog of the site pages you visit, or your IP address).
We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you visit this Website. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., your IP address, the areas of this Website you visit, your operating system, your browser version and the URL you came from) which can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
• Complete any registration or other transactions you request online
• Improve this Website
• Improve our products and services, and identify, develop, and offer new or expanded products and services
• Personalize your experience on this Website, and customize the content and/or format of the pages you visit
• Notify you about updates, products, services, and/or special offers from Catching Clouds, its affiliates, and selected third parties
• Ask you to participate in brief surveys
• Generate aggregate statistical studies and conduct research related to our products and services and the use of this Website
• Based upon your specific relationship(s) with Catching Clouds, we may use your Personal Information in ways described in more detail in one or more Other Agreements.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties with whom we have a direct or indirect business or contract relationship, to provide the products and services you have requested.
When you request other services, we will provide your personal data to third parties with whom we arrange for those services to be provided. We may also disclose information to third parties that provide administrative or processing services for us, for example, printing, mailing, and/or payment processing.
We may also disclose Personal Information collected on this Website, in accordance with applicable law, to assert or defend our rights and property, to prevent harm to others, to collect a debt, or in response to legal processes such as subpoenas. We may also provide (or reserve the right to provide) Personal Information to credit reporting agencies and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities and other governmental authorities consistent with applicable laws.
If you have consented to our doing so, we may also share your personal data with third parties in order that they may offer you information about their goods and services.
Because non-personal information does not personally identify you, we may use or disclose such information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine non-personal information with Personal Information (such as embedding e-mail addresses in cookies). If we do combine any non-personal information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Based upon your specific relationship(s) with Catching Clouds, we may disclose your Personal Information in ways described in more detail in one or more Other Agreements.
Choice to Opt-Out and Access to Your Information
When you create an account or request one of our other services, you will have the ability to opt-out of receiving certain communications from Catching Clouds, including voicemail or e-mail. If you do not opt-out at registration, but later decide that you would prefer not to receive e-mail communications from Catching Clouds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, however, that Catching Clouds may still send e-mail or call you in order to provide a product or service that you request.
Except as otherwise specified in another agreement, you can also access your Personal Information to update or correct factual errors in your Personal Information by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Website may contain links to other third party websites. Catching Clouds does not control the privacy policies or practices of these third-party sites. You should review those policies before providing any information. Catching Clouds is not responsible for the content or practices of any linked third-party sites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors. Specifically, if you use a credit card to pay for any products or services, Catching Clouds is not responsible for any information you provide regarding the credit card on this Website or by linking through to a credit card processor’s website.
Catching Clouds has established safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your Personal Information, but cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as a result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate applicable law or relevant Web policies).
If you register for a Web account, you will be asked to select a password to help protect your information. These passwords help us verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to any of your Personal Information. You should never disclose your password to anyone. Catching Clouds will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information.
When you provide credit card information, it is transmitted using SSL technology to help prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of that information. You will know that SSL is being used when you see a full yellow key in a blue box in the lower left-hand corner of your browser or a full “lock” in the status bar of your Internet Explorer browser.
Catching Clouds reserves the right to change this Policy to respond to new laws, regulations, technology, or for other business reasons. Please check this Website from time to time to review any such changes.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You agree that any claim, action or proceeding arising out of this Policy, or your use of this Website, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of theUnited States and the State of Colorado, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. Any claim, action or proceeding related to this Policy will be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts located in the State of Colorado and you consent to the jurisdiction of those courts.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Website or security policies, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Catching Clouds LLC, 17011 Lincoln #619, Parker, CO 80134.
Special Notice to California Residents
Under California Law SB 27, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of Personal Information shared. If you are a California resident and wish to make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with your name, address and e-mail address. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request.
This website, www.http://catchingclouds.net (“Website”), is an Internet site maintained by Catching Clouds, LLC, (“Catching Clouds”) as a service to the Internet community.
Catching Clouds may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Website, including the availability of any features of the Website, at any time. Catching Clouds may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts of or the entire Website without notice or liability.
Catching Clouds Content
This Website is protected by applicable law. The contents of this Website, including, but not limited to, text, names, data, compilations, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images, audio, video, code, methods, techniques, models, and software (the “Contents”), are the property of Catching Clouds and/or its licensors/providers and are protected by the patent, copyright,trademarkand trade secret laws of the United States and/or other countries. You may not otherwise copy, store (either in hardcopy or in electronic format), transmit, transfer, perform, broadcast, publish, reproduce, create a derivative work from, display, distribute, sell, offer for sale, license, rent, lease, frame, deep link to, or otherwise use the Contents in any manner inconsistent with the rights of Catching Clouds, including, but not limited to, use of the Contents for any purpose other than your personal use, without the express written permission of Catching Clouds.
Catching Clouds Trademarks
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (“Trademarks”) appearing on this Website are the property of Catching Clouds and/or its licensors/suppliers. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark without the prior written permission of the party that owns the Trademark.
Restrictions on the Use of the Website
As a condition of using this Website, you agree that you will not:
• Without the prior written consent of Catching Clouds, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works of, transfer, or sell the Contents of the Website;
• Submit, display, or transmit any User Content (as hereinafter defined) that infringes any patent,trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or User Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
• Submit, display, or transmit any User Content that exceeds Catching Clouds’ capacity limits or for which you do not own or have the necessary and appropriate rights;
• Submit, display, or transmit any spam, duplicative messages, unauthorized promotions or advertisements, surveys, contests, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
• Forge headers, create a false identity, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to deceive others or disguise the origin of any User Content transmitted to or via the Website;
• Use the Website to threaten, defame, abuse, assault, stalk, harass or otherwise violate the rights of any other person or entity, including, without limitation, rights of privacy or publicity;
• Publish, post, display, offer, or disseminate any profane, obscene, indecent, unlawful, terroristic, violent, or hateful User Content;
• Collect, store, publish, post, sell, transmit, or disclose personal data about other users of the Website; or
Monitor or copy the Contents of the Website.
Website Security Use Restrictions
Catching Clouds takes the security of this Website seriously. Therefore, in addition to the restrictions set forth above, you may not:
• interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity or service on this Website by using any robot, “bot,” spider, crawler, engine, device, software, tool, routine or any other automatic device or manual process of any like or kind without our written permission, or engage in any activity which interferes with the proper working of or access to this Website or to any host or network;
• attempt to access data or information not intended for you or log onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
• access or attempt to access any system or servers on which the Website is hosted or modify or alter the Website in any way;
• upload or otherwise transmit files that contain viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, spyware, adware, sniffers, corrupted files, or similar software or programs;
• restrict or prevent any other user from using the Website and/or any products, services, or Contents posted on or offered through the Website;
• post or upload User Content (as hereinafter defined) that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of User Content (flooding attack) to the Website, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use this Website; or
• link to, frame, or otherwise reproduce this Website without the prior written consent of Catching Clouds.
• Catching Clouds reserves the right to investigate any violations of its system, network or website security, to involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating such violations, and to prosecute violators to the fullest extent of the law.
• No Warranties or Liability
CATCHING CLOUDS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Links to Other Websites
Your User Content and Communications
Our Website may allow users to post, submit, or display information, messages, suggestions, questions, comments, postings, advertisements, ratings, ideas, techniques, notes, know-how, drawings, concepts, designs, audiovisual material, photographs and pictures (including pictures of the user and other representations of the user’s name and likeness), digital images, or other content in any form (collectively “User Content”). It is the responsibility of the individual providing such User Content to ensure that no portion of the content is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights or otherwise injurious to third parties.
By posting User Content on this Website, you hereby grant Catching Clouds an unrestricted, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, and perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, make derivative works of, and otherwise use the User Content in any media whatsoever now known or later invented throughout the world for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or not. You hereby disclaim any right to any compensation from Catching Clouds in connection with Catching Clouds’ exercise of its license rights in and to the User Content you have posted on this Website. You acknowledge and agree that Catching Clouds is under no obligation of confidence to you, and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any User Content. By posting the User Content on this Website, you represent and warrant that you own the copyright in such User Content or that you have a legitimate license to post the User Content, including photographs or other audiovisual material, without any restrictions whatsoever. You agree to indemnify and hold Catching Clouds harmless from all actual and incidental costs and fees associated with Catching Clouds’ defense of any claims arising from User Content, including, but not limited to, all attorneys’ fees.
Catching Clouds reserves the right to review any User Content and remove, delete, redact, or otherwise modify such User Content, in its sole discretion, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Catching Clouds has no obligation to display or post any User Content. Catching Clouds reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or User Content that Catching Clouds deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contractual obligation, legal dispute process, or governmental request. Catching Clouds shall have no liability in connection with any User Content submitted to, transmitted via, or displayed or posted on this Website.
Community Code of Conduct
This Website may offer community features, such as internal messaging systems, bulletin boards, forums, or chat rooms. We do not monitor, filter, censor, edit or regulate information and content provided by third parties on this Website, including information provided in community areas, although we reserve the right to do so in our sole discretion, with or without notice. Catching Clouds does not endorse or warrant the accuracy or reliability of User Content posted or uploaded by users or third parties. You agree that neither Catching Clouds nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors or licensees are responsible for any User Content and agree to hold them harmless from any liability associated with such User Content posted by other users and other third parties.
• You will not use this Website to further any illegal purpose, to violate the rights of any party, or to damage any person or property.
• Except as specifically authorized on this Website, you will not: (i) upload or otherwise post User Content with a commercial purpose, including, but not limited to, offers to sell products or services or attempts to solicit funds or to advertise products or services; (ii) post or upload User Content that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” unsolicited commercial advertisement, behavioral or viral marketing, or other spam; (iii) email such User Content to other users who have not indicated in writing that it is ok to contact them about other commercial services, advertisements, products or commercial interests; or (iv) post or upload User Content that includes links to commercial services or websites.
• You will not post or upload User Content that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Catching Clouds employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity.
• You will not post or upload User Content that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
• You will not post or upload User Content that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes “bait and switch.”
• You will not post or upload User Content that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law.
• You will not use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Website.
• You will not repeatedly post the same or similar User Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
• You will not use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings or User Content on this Website without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof, including, without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals.
• You will not use a Posting Agent to post User Content to this Website.
Catching Clouds is committed to respecting others’ intellectual property rights, and we ask our users to do the same. Catching Clouds may, in its sole discretion, terminate the accounts or access rights of users who violate others’ intellectual property rights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on this Website, please deliver the following information to Catching Clouds’ Copyright Agent:
• An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
• A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
• A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our Website
• Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address so that we may contact you
• A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice to us is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
• Catching Clouds’ Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this Website can be reached as follows:
17011 Lincoln Ave, #619
Parker, CO 80134
A copy of the notice and supporting materials should also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Copyright 2011 - 2017 CATCHING CLOUDS LLC
Copyright 2011 - 2017 CATCHING CLOUDS LLC